Wednesday, January 12, 2011

On family

There's something to be said about having a new family. I say new, not because we feel likes it's new, but because in all technicalities, we are a new family. It's a Small family, but there you have it. I just love my life. Mostly because of my family.

You see, Rudy got rained out yesterday at work. This is how much we live in Texas, y'all: it was TOO COLD for him to work. Yes, you heard that right. So, the company sent the men home for the day and they still got paid for it. It's nice, we love treats like those, because we spend ALL DAY together! I love family days, and since I work weekends, and R works during the week, this is very rare.

So, we snuggled yesterday and watched old movies from the 90's. (Now and Then anyone?? Anyone??? I love that movie.) There was just this moment where I was cuddling  Anabell and R came up and hugged the both of us, and simply said, "I love this family." There's no truer phrase than that! Really, there is no greater joy than my family.

I apologize that I'm not the socialite that I once used to be, and I appreciate the many invites to bars and clubs- thank you for thinking of me, but y'all it just won't be happening any time soon. And don't expect me to call you if you want to hang out. I'll forget. Not because I don't love you, but because I have this wonderful blessing that is my family. Also, if you do decide to hang out, please try and have some patience, I will TRY to function like a "normal" person would, but really every thought will be about Anabell, and if I'm not talking about her, I'll be playing With her, so really... if you can't dig that, then we may as well not be friends. My daughter totally comes first.

Recently, I've had to cut a lot of people out of my life because they'd get frustrated that I wasn't at their side every second of the day. I just Can't y'all. It won't happen. My very best friend is in the Ukraine right now, and I'll be honest: I talk to her more often than anybody else. And when she visits with me in person, she understands that I'm All About Anabell, and doesn't mind that I am only half listening to her problems. Just think about it. I had to share my body with this tiny person for 8 months, and then she introduced herself to the world, but in that one moment she became My world. Nothing will be more important. If you can't grasp that, then honestly, don't waste your time. Oh, and PS- texting is the best thing for me, right now. I won't respond right away or even the same day, but know that yes, I did get it, and yes I do think of you every single day. I'm just really, very busy. Believe it or not. <3


Thank you for understanding.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE 'Now and Then'! One of my fav movies of all time! Delightfully girly. *skips off to go watch it* :)

    And hey, your family Should be the most important thing for you. You're very lucky to have such a great guy and that precious little girl. <3

    ReplyDelete