Monday, February 7, 2011

#6- 50 Questions That Will Free My Mind

If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

As corny as this sounds, I'd be loaded. Like I said in the previous post (which is why I'm posting this question), happiness is a way of life.
Now, what kind of work do I love to do? All different types, all of which involve the outside world, and other people... and interactions. LOTS of social interactions. I love to talk to people and help them work through their problems. I love to give people that extra challenge or wake up call they've been needing. I'm exceptionally blunt, and often times I say things that shock people.. and I really just Don't care.

With all of that in mind, I honestly feel like teaching or counseling would be my thing. I've done a few interventions in the past. None of which were successful, but I feel like if I had the right tools they would be. Again, that rock bottom wake up call is what some people really just need. 

So, back to what I would love to do? Counseling. I do it all the time already, why not make some friggin money doing what I love. Even working retail or serving ice cream, strangers would find the need just to open up to me about their personal lives, and you guys-- I'd just listen. I really think people don't Listen enough. Or they Do listen, but then they try and talk you out of whatever it is you're trying to convey your feelings about. My mother is notorious for this. I'm a firm believer that people need to feel, and get into that nitty gritty yuck emotional state that we are all ashamed to admit that we've experienced. I let Anabell vent, and I force Rudy to get mad even when he is scared to... I think FEELINGS are important. 

Sometimes, people just need to be heard. I feel like if we just Listened a little more we'd all be in a better place. Sometimes the truth hurts, but it's SO much better than piling on lie after lie. So yeah, back to the question: I'd be a counselor. Which is exactly what I'm going to do. Friends that know me, know that I'm very good at this. I may not tell you what you want to hear, I may inform your parents for your drug usage, but the fact of the matter is, I'm doing you a favor. Like it or not, you came to me first. 

=)

1 comment: