Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sleep 101

Ok, I feel so silly somtimes! Last night was god friggin awful. Anabell didn't want to be rocked, wouldn't go to sleep, was EXHAUSTED, wouldn't play... we tried EVERYTHING. Even tylenol. You guys, she wouldn't sleep!!

So I'm on 3ish hours of sleep right now, poor Rudy is at work after helping me last night! Bless him.
I figured it out. Today, when it was time to put her down for her nap, I noticed she was very, very tired. So I set her in her crib and would come check my blogs.

She'd move, and I go rushing into the room to soothe her, she'd grin up at me and kick about. I'd pick her up, rock her, and then try to set her back down again.

Ok, Ok, OKAY I'm SO silly! I even read it in the No Cry Sleep Solution. Some babies prefer their cribs. Anabell pretty much always has. Over time, though, my anxiety got in the way of allowing her to have a good rest. She stirred, and I'd freak. I think babies can Feel what I Feel, kwim?

So, I re-read everything and set her in her crib with her soother. She was out in about 6 minutes or so... she fussed and kicked a bit, but went RIGHT to sleep. So, ok, sleep problem isn't related to Anabell... unless you're talking about technicalities, here... the sleep "problem" has been me!

I'll try to remember that next time. I am just laughing at myself now. Jeez...

No comments:

Post a Comment