Thursday, March 3, 2011

Medication and sleep

Just a general update from my last post:

I followed up with my doctor who prescribed me antidepressants/anti-anxiety. He also gave me a different type of medicine to help with the headaches that doesn't knock me on my tush. I can say that I am already feeling immensely better and that I have high hopes that everything will work out. As soon as we get just a wee bit more cash our way we will be finding a therapist for myself, Rudy, and of course as a couple. All positive steps!

I am also writing in my journal again and practicing my religion. As hard as it is to friggin Get The Stuff Out of my Altar, I am SOOOO much more at peace after I even do a Right of Thanks. Also, I am starting to eat better and work out more, all in a good attempt to find that balance. 

In other news, Anabell is so smart and brilliant it drives me insane. I've had my sister here all week watching over my medicated ass, seeing as I can't drive, and sometimes I'd get a little loopy pre-follow up appointment. Anabell can now sit up, drink from her sippy cup, she is starting to crawl, and thanks to my SIL, we have begun to teach her how to soothe herself to sleep. You guys... she went to bed last night at 8PM on the DOT, and woke up at 8AM this morning. She had a rough moment from 1:30-3:00 this morning learning how to self soothe, but we'd check in on her every seven minutes as per the Ferber method, and soothe her without picking her up. Today, at ten AM, her first nap of the day, she fussed and fussed and probably only got 45 hours of sleep. Again, I checked on her every seven minutes and soothed. THEN, At two o'clock she went to sleep by herself and stayed asleep for a whole 1 1/2 hours! Tonight? Same thing, Seven thirty rolled around, she was bathed and fed by seven and she went fast asleep. 

I think Danielle is onto something here! Or, you know, the rest of the parents who have tried rocking, car rides, singing, playing it out, feeding, changing, walking, gripe water, tylenol, teethers, vaccuming.... the swing... ALL OF IT and finding that none of it worked. For the past two months I tried the no-cry-sleep solution and it just... didn't work. The Ferber method worked for us, and we did it the Right way, we didn't just shut the door and walk away until it was morning. We timed it, every seven minutes. Her age, plus a minute, as it clearly states to do. And it's worked. Judge me, whatever. Anabell was SO happy today, so I know I'm doing the right thing. 

I'm just so happy that after only one hard night of tears and a rough patch this morning, all of course while we are checking on her and such, that she's learned how to soothe herself. She's SO SMART! And she is so much happier! That is the very best part.

I guess that's it, besides the fact that I seriously haven't heard any updates from my bestie in like... DAYS and I am desperate. Michelle, where art thou? I miss you! 


XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment